Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
adapted from cooking light, and posted by request. i haven't tried this yet.
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml drained bottle brined green peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 4.92 ml butter
- 4.92 ml canola oil
- 340.19 g tilapia fillets (2 pieces)
- salt, pepper
- 59.14 ml flour
- 9.85 ml butter
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- combine first 3 ingredients, set aside.
- in a saute pan melt 1 tsp butter and oil.
- mix flour with salt and pepper and dredge fillets, shaking off excess.
- add to hot skillet and saute 3 minutes per side until fish flakes easily.
- remove from pan.
- add broth mixture to pan, scraping up browned bits.
- bring to boil and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- whisk in 2 tsp butter.
- serve sauce over tilapia, garnished with lemon wedges.
Fantastic recipe, great flavor. Our first time trying Tilapia and we loved it, will try more recipes with this fish.
Chia, this was delicious even without the Green Peppercorns as they were no where to be found here. Will try Costplus the next time I am close to one. I used Capers in place of the peppercorns and made it just like the recipe said. It was delicious. We love Tilapia and fix it often.
This was EXCELLENT!!! I have a big family (5 children) and made this for 8 people and they ate it ALL! Will make this again and again. Thanks for sharing!