Recipe by Ck2plz
I have had a craving for Tilapia lately. This sounds like a refreshing way to make it. The cooking time does not include making the rice.
Top Review by tara portee
oh wow was this good. I totally loved the combination of flavors-the oranges really made it! The instructions do not tell you where to add the oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne so I added it at step # 9 along with the cilantro, oranges, tomatoes and beans. I did not chop the oranges and I added more cilantro and used fresh oregano . I baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Terrific.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped fresh and divided
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tilapia fillets, about 5 ounces each
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade Preparation:.
- Combine lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sugar.
- Add tilapia and marinate 15 minutes, turning once.
- Bean and Rice Mixture:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook rice and keep warm.
- In a large, skillet or saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat.
- Add remaining garlic and onions; sauté until translucent.
- Add 2 tablespoons cilantro, oranges, tomatoes, bean.
- Cook, uncovered, until hot stirring occasionally.
- Transfer hot rice to a baking dish. Add bean mixture and blend.
- Overlap tilapia fillets on top and add marinade over fillets.
- Bake until the tilapia begins to flake.