Recipe by invictus
This meal comes together in about a half hour total but when I am feeling especially lazy I will buy prepared mango/peach salsa at the store and use a package of prepared cole slaw mix plus the lime juice. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned peaches, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 8 taco shells
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine all salsa ingredients and toss gently. Place in fridge for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, cilantro, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Cut into 3/4 inch pieces and lay in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic and onion powder. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- For each taco place a small amount of cheese on the bottom of shell, top with tilapia pieces, salsa, and cabbage mixture.