Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This meal comes together in about a half hour total but when I am feeling especially lazy I will buy prepared mango/peach salsa at the store and use a package of prepared cole slaw mix plus the lime juice. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned peaches, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 8 taco shells
- In a small bowl combine all salsa ingredients and toss gently. Place in fridge for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, cilantro, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Cut into 3/4 inch pieces and lay in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic and onion powder. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- For each taco place a small amount of cheese on the bottom of shell, top with tilapia pieces, salsa, and cabbage mixture.
Good tacos but needed more spice on the fish. Would at least double the spices.
Wonderful! I already had peach salsa so didn't make any. Used a bit more cilantro in the slaw and abt. 1 T chopped red onion, too. All the flavors blended together so well. DH and I loved this. Thank you!
DH said these fish tacos were better than ones he had in a restaurant! Delish! I followed your recipe exactly without any problems only skipping the garlic powder (out of). These tacos will be a regular on our table! Thanks for sharing!