Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Got this form another website and changed it. You could also use cod with this.
Top Review by allyps
Very good recipe. The only thing I changes was using reduced fat sharp cheddar. Turned out great for such a quick recipe. A bit of lemon when serving might add a little (I was out). This will be a 'go to' recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb thin tilapia fillet
- tarragon, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, mix the spinach, 1/2 C cheddar cheese, 1/4 C bread crumbs, egg, onions and garlic powder.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch square or 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the tilapia on top of the spinach and season with tarragon, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.