Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a quick recipe can be fixed in 30 min or less. It is bursting with flavor and love. I put this together in my own kitchen one day [like many other ideas] and this one inspired me to post. One thing i would like to add: Make sure that the tilapia fillets that u buy are no less than about half an inch thick to prevent the fish from falling apart. I hope you enjoy.
- 4 -6 tilapia fillets
- 8 tablespoons garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 -4 pinches ground cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons Star's garlic flavored red wine vinegar
- Take the garlic powder, lemon pepper, salt and cayenne and mix them together in a small bowl. Lay the fish flat on a cuttin board or plate and season the fish evenly on both sides with the mix. You may need more or less seasoning depending on the size of the fillets.
- Next take the italian salad dressing and slowly pour it over the fish so the seasonings wont run off. do this to both sides. let the fish marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Then in a non-stick skillet or wok, sautee the butter, garlic, garlic wine vinegar and mushrooms on medium heat [#4 or #5] covered with a lid for about 3-5 minutes or until the aroma of the wine vinegar and garlic are strong in fragrance. Next place the fillets in the skillet with the garlic and mushrooms. Do not change the heat setting. Cook on one side for about 8 minutes covered. Check for firmness. Then turn over the fillets and cook for about 2 more minutes covered.
- Once finished, remove from heat and serve immediately. The sauce leftover with the sauteed garlic and mushrooms can be served on top of the fillets.