Recipe by gailanng
The sweet crunch of cranberry coleslaw, creamy aioli and crispy tilapia on crusty ciabatta. Nothin' better... (Should Read: Tilapia Sandwich W/Dried Cranberry Coleslaw & Lemon Dill Aioli)
Top Review by Sharon123
Mmmmm, I scaled down for one and thoroughly enjoyed this delightful fish sandwich. I used perch and the thin buns. I did use dried dill(I know, fresh would have been even better). Thanks! Made for My 3 Chefs event.
Lemon Dill Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Dried Cranberry Coleslaw
- 2 cups angel hair Coleslaw
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (7 inch) ciabatta rolls, cut in half horizontally (toast if desire)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Lemon Dill Aioli: In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, dill and lemon juice; refrigerate, covered.
- For the dried Cranberry Coleslaw: In small bowl, combine coleslaw, onion and dried cranberries; set aside.
- For the Tilapia: In shallow pan, combine flour, salt and pepper; coat both sides of each fillet in flour mixture. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat; saute fillets until opaque (10 minute per inch of thickness measured at the thickest part), turning halfway through. Add additional olive oil, if needed, before turning.
- To Assemble: Spread cut edges of ciabatta rolls with Lemon Dill Aioli; top with fillet and coleslaw mixture. Cut in half on the diagonal; serve immediately.