Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a recipe I put together after eating a few different dishes. I really enjoy a great piece of Tilapia. As well, I love fresh vegetables and anything fresh you can get your hands on.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 ounces your favorite fresh crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon small diced green onion (whites only)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon small diced red onion
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter, to sautee with
- salt, and
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
Zuchinni and Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced and cut into fours
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- Line a 9x13 pan with Reynolds Wrap Foil, sprayed with oil and set aside.
- To prepare the fish:.
- Wash the Tilapia and pat dry.
- Place the fillet on a "blue" cutting board if you have.
- Using a meat mallot, pound out the fish till it spreads with out being too thin to break.
- On each side season it with the salt, pepper, and dried seasonings.
- Set aside until you finish the filling.
- Filling for the Tilapia:.
- Wash and cut your cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Wash and cut your zuchinni into slices and cut the slices into four.
- Mix all of the dried seasonings into a bowl and set aside.
- Get a sautee pan and put your EVOO in it.
- Turn the pan to med-hi heat and let it warm up.
- Once the pan is hot but not burning add the cut tomatoes and zuchinni.
- Add your salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all of the dried seasonings.
- Cook / Sautee the vegetables for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- To cook the filling:.
- In a seperate sautee pan you need add your butter and turn it to med-hi heat.
- Let the pan warm up and add your green onions.
- Immediately following add your red onions.
- Let them cook for 2-3 mins so they begin to change color.
- Add your seasonings and lemon juice and let cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and stir well.
- Cook the crab in it for another 1-2mins.
- Add you heavy cream and let thicken on its own.
- Taste it and adjust the seasonings if you need to add more now is the time.
- Cook the filling first and let it cool as you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Now that everything is prepared you can make the Tilapia Roulade.
- Take your fillet and put and small amout of filling all the way down the center.
- Slowly begin to roll up each fillet into a roll.
- Place each rolled fillet seam side down and make the next one.
- Do this until all of the fillets are rolled up.
- Place them in the oven on 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until done.
- Once you take them out of the oven let them rest a minute or two.
- Place them on your Tomato and Zuchinni Sauce.
- #RSC! Contest entry.
This is an excellent dish and easy on the eyes when you're finished. Tastes yummy!!
AMAZING DISH ! ! If you looking for a gourmet taste on a budget than this is amazing. Your friends will think you spent hours in the kitchen
Yummy!! Very good!!