1/2 Photos of Tilapia Piccata
This is from the March 2007 issue of Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked orzo pasta (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions (omitting the salt and fat) Drain.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, 1/4 tsp salt, parsley, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Combine remaining 1/4 tsp salt, remaining 1/8 tsp pepper and flour in a large shallow bowl. Dredge fish in flour mixture.
- 4Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add fish to pan and cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (or til its done like you want).
- 6Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
- 7Add wine, juice and capers to pan, cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add remaining 2 tbsp butter to pan, stir until butter melts.
- 8Serve fish with sauce and pasta.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 526.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 42.7 g