Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Full flavored yummy Tilapia recipe that is easy to and prepare and will make your crew hunger for more and more. Plus ....really healthy too. Can also be made with any light fish like flounder, catfish or fillet of sole etc. etc Manga !!! Manga !! .
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh off the stem or granulated )
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (sliced )
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced )
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion (sweet, finely chopped )
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray (olive or canola).
- In a bowl, stir together oil, thyme, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, parsley, basil, chopped onions and lemon juice.
- In the prepared baking dish, arrange the fillets skin side down and season with salt.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the fillets abundantly.
- Bake, uncovered, in the middle of the oven for about 15 or 20 minutes or until fish just flake.
- Garnish fish with lemon slices and fresh Thyme .
- Now comes the best part, sit down with your loved ones and enjoy !
- Hope you will go wild for this dish as my family did.
- You may want to serve this with risotto or tortellini .
This was a really good way to prepare tilapia, or probably any mild white fish. I did not have any black olives, otherwise I followed the recipe and it was fantasitc! Next tiime I will try it with the black olives. My DH said "put this recipe in your "repeat" file" so I will certainly be making it again! Thanks for sharing this great way to make tilapiia!
This was very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written. We all enjoyed this. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
Great recipe! We love tilapia and eat it at least once a week, and this preparation method has definitely made it into our rotation!