- 4 tilapia fillets
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml sunflower oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lime, chopped into wedges, to serve
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 56.69 g cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the fish fillets in the cornstarch, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, sizzle the fillets for 2-3 mins on each side until crisp, then remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, briefly fry the scallions, garlic and ginger, then add the soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice and simmer until slightly syrupy. Spoon the sauce over the fish, scatter with chili and cilantro, then serve with the lime wedges.