Recipe by GingerPeach
A flavorful italian recipe. Even my husband who doesn't usually like fish thought it was excellent. The fish is poached in "crazy water" with lemons, capers, fresh garlic and thyme.
Top Review by cindikoehler
I made this recipe exactly as written, except I used a little more tomato than what it called for (because I needed to use some up). No bitterness from the lemon. I am sure this recipe is going to be one I'll go to often. I loved everything about it! I put it together when I got home from work and I served it over white rice that I had made previously (I steamed it back to soft and fluffiness). Just perfect!!
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 filets tilapia fillets or 2 other fish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot or pan, fry the lemon slices and capers in the olive oil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the lemons and capers and set aside.
- Using the same pan, cook the garlic, chili powder and 1/4 cup of the water.
- Let simmer until water is gone.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water, tomatoes, wine, thyme, and salt and bring to boil.
- Throw fish into"crazy water", reduce heat and let simmer with lid on, about 8 minutes.
- Remove fish to shallow serving bowls.
- Boil"crazy water" on high for a few minutes to reduce.
- Garnish the fish with lemon slices and capers.
- Drizzle the crazy water over the fish and serve immediately.