Recipe by Margie99
I got this recipe from one of those cards at the grocery store. I am always trying to find new ways to cook fish as I am not fond of it to begin with and Tiliapia is often one of the less expensive fillets.
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Season flour to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil with 2 Tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add fillets without overlapping, cook in batches if needed.
- Cook until golden brownon bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn fillets and cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until opaque through the thickest part.
- Drain fillets on paper towel, transfer to a platter and keep warm. Add remaining 4 Tablespoons butter to the skillet and heat until it froths.
- Add lemon juice and lemon slices, swirl pan to heat through. Pour butter sauce over fillets immediately before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.