Recipe by little_wing
This is the result of combining several other recipes. Makes tasty sandwiches on toasted wheat buns or you can make into fish tacos. Hope you enjoy. If you have time make the salad a day ahead for better flavor.
Top Review by anme
Im sorry but this just wasnt for me. I normally love tialpia but I guess I just really didnt like the vinegar reduction. It was just wwwaaayy too strong for me. Maye adding more sugar or something would help or something to but the bitterness of the vinegar.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (can sub with other flaky white fish)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook juice, vinegar and 1tbs sugar in a small pan over medium heat until reduced to syrupy consistency. (About 10 min.).
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop or shred cabbage.
- Combine remaining 1 tbs sugar and lime juice.
- Add onions, cucumbers and cilantro to cabbage and toss with lime juice mixture.
- Heat broiler, spray broiler pan with cooking spray and broil fish 2 minute per side or just until fish is browned, flakes easily and no pink remains. Don't overcook!
- Brush fish generously with vinegar reduction and serve on top of salad.
- If preferred, (especially if your fish sticks to your broiling pan!)you can use a fork to flake the fish into pieces and toss with desired amount of vinegar reduction.