This is an easy yet "fancy" look for tilapia. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 lbs. shrimp instead of fish fillets. I served this w/cheese grits, yellow squash and green salad.
- Cook bacon in large skillet 'til crisp. Approximately 5 minutes. Remove and chop.
- Reserve 1 Tbl of bacon grease in skillet.
- To hot skillet add olive oil; then fish (two fillets at a time, keeping first two warm).
- Cook 2 or 4 minutes. Turn fish after salting and peppering first side.
- Fish is done when it can be flaked w/fork.
- Add garlic, bacon and mushrooms (if using). Toss to coat.
- Add wine and lemon juice.
- Return first fillets to skillet.
- Add scallions last 20 seconds.
- Arrange fillets on a platter or individual plates and spoon sauce, scallions over.