I made this with concerns of getting more Calcium into my diet. Almonds have 80 mg per 1 ounce. The almonds toasted up so nice giving this dish great flavor.
- Season tilapia with salt, pepper and old bay.
- Dust with flour then dip into egg.
- Press almond slices into the fish.
- Heat butter and oil in an oven proof pan.
- Carefully (so not to lose any almonds) place fillets into hot pan brown for 1 minute and flip gentle (again so not to lose any almonds) squeeze half of the lemon on the fish and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove gently to a platter squeeze remaining lemon.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.