Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this with concerns of getting more Calcium into my diet. Almonds have 80 mg per 1 ounce. The almonds toasted up so nice giving this dish great flavor.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Season tilapia with salt, pepper and old bay.
- Dust with flour then dip into egg.
- Press almond slices into the fish.
- Heat butter and oil in an oven proof pan.
- Carefully (so not to lose any almonds) place fillets into hot pan brown for 1 minute and flip gentle (again so not to lose any almonds) squeeze half of the lemon on the fish and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove gently to a platter squeeze remaining lemon.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.
Very good & very easy! I even made some and froze them. They thawed & cooked just as well as the fresh batch.
I tried this last night and it was pretty darn tasty! Since my husband and I are doing the low-carb thing, I substituted normal flour for soy flour. I really liked how the lemon soaked right into the breading. It was a delight to make and eat! The scallions were a nice way to top the dish and added to the flavors. This is a terrific dish I'll be making again :)
Easy, flavorful,pretty presentation. I followed the recipe exactly and it came out delicious.