Recipe by jp mims
Only four ingredients, easy and oh so good! The orginal recipe calls for frozen flounder, but I've found that the Tilapia works better in this recipe. I've updated to change the cooking time from 30 minutes to 45 minutes after reading the reviews.
Top Review by Qwertio33
Tasted great! The only reasons for 4 stars (instead of 5): -The cracker topping turned out a bit soggy -I thought the recipe needed to be lower calorie. There are about 1500 calories JUST in the crackers and butter. I plan on using seasoned bread crumbs next time, with a lot less (if any) butter. Thanks for the great idea!!
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen tilapia fillet
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup (undiluted)
- 40 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer frozen fish fillets in greased casserole dish (9x9), overlapping if needed.
- Spread cream of shrimp soup over fish.
- (Do not add water).
- Melt margarine and mix with crushed crackers.
- Sprinkle cracker mixture over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for about 45 minutes.
- Note: Sometimes I sprinkle old bay seasoning on the cream of shrimp soup before adding the crackers.
- Also I add a dash or two of hot sauce to the melted butter before adding to the cracker crumbs.