Tilapia Baked & Wrapped (Chinese Style)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Place a fillet on each banana leaf or a piece of parchment paper and divide mixture evenly amongst them, spreading the mixture over the top of each fillet.
- Fold each banana leaf, or the paper, over to form a packet around each fillet and seal the edge of each packet with a small piece of aluminum foil, crimping it tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and the wrapping. Lightly brush off most of the topping and sprinkle a few slivered almonds on top of each fillet for garnish if desired.
- Serve with stir-fried Chinese vegetables.