Alan Leonetti's Note:
Tilapia is a WONDERFUL good tasting fish. This is a GREAT and EASY way to prepare it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets (or other firm-fleshed whitefish)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 green onions (white and green parts, finely chopped)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons dark maple syrup
- slivered almonds (to garnish) (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 banana leaves or 4 parchment paper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- 3Place a fillet on each banana leaf or a piece of parchment paper and divide mixture evenly amongst them, spreading the mixture over the top of each fillet.
- 4Fold each banana leaf, or the paper, over to form a packet around each fillet and seal the edge of each packet with a small piece of aluminum foil, crimping it tightly.
- 5Place on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and the wrapping. Lightly brush off most of the topping and sprinkle a few slivered almonds on top of each fillet for garnish if desired.
- 7Serve with stir-fried Chinese vegetables.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia Baked & Wrapped (Chinese Style)
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 225.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: