Recipe by Vino Girl
Healthy dish of tilapia, shrimp, and summer vegetables baked in paper. This can be made ahead up until the baking step and refrigerated until you are almost ready to eat. From Fusion By Mark restaurant in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
Top Review by Twitterpated
This was a perfectly light meal. I used more shrimp as my family are major shrimp eaters, and opted for the chicken broth, thinly sliced zuchini, carrots and shallots--next time the hubby wants me to make it with chives instead. I served it with a stuffed tomato, corn on the cob, and foccacia. We will be having this again. Thanks!
- 1 (24 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 12 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 ounces vegetables, carrot, squash, and zucchini, julienned 1/4 inch wide by 4 inches long
- 4 ounces white wine or 4 ounces chicken stock or 4 ounces vegetable stock
- 4 to taste salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil; mix well and set aside.
- Cut a large heart shape out of parchment paper and place on baking sheet or dish.
- Season tilapia and shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place vegetables on one half of paper heart; top with tilapia and shrimp, and pour liquid on top of fish.
- Fold the empty half of the paper over the fish and vegetables; fold and crimp the edges of the paper to seal tightly. (Can be refrigerated now if you wish.).
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes; the package should be puffy and the paper brown. (I had to cook mine significantly longer than this, so be prepared that it might take longer.).
- Place packet on a plate; cut open, being careful of the steam.