Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy to make and is simply delicious. The wine is an optional ingredient, but I think it really gives the fish great flavor.
- 680.38 g tilapia fillets
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced julienne
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped (red or green, or a combination of both)
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml Chardonnay wine (optional)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Place fillets in a baking dish.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer vegetables over fish, and add wine if using.
- Season veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, and veggies are tender.
- Another way to do this is to pan fry the fish in a little olive oil, sautee the vegetables until tender and spoon the sauce over the fish.
- I just think that the oven is easier.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Loved this recipe! I had some cod out for dinner, and wasn't sure what to do with it. Canarygirl suggested this one. Delicious! Made it just as the recipe says, and after cooking, I gave it a dose of squeezed lemon juice. We enjoyed the flavor of the wine very much. I will definitely keep this in my file to make again. Thanks cg!
Really good recipe. This was my first attempt at cooking Tilapia and I will definately cook again. The only thing I will do different is not add quite as much Chardonnay. I love the flavor, but it was just did not cook out as much as I thought it should have.
I made this on November 2nd, and I think that I totally messed it up! Since I was running low on time, I found that I had a can of chopped tomatoes with onion and garlic in the pantry, and used that to sub for the fresh tomatoes, garlic, and onion. I wish I hadn't! Plus, the Tilapia was a frozen package, so I don't think the quality was the best. Also, I didn't opt for the wine in it. However, this was a great recipe- easy and, I am sure, quite tasty. I can't wait to try this again. Thanks!