1/3 Photos of Tilapia a la Portuguesa
This is very easy to make and is simply delicious. The wine is an optional ingredient, but I think it really gives the fish great flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced julienne
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped (red or green, or a combination of both)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 375º.
- 2Place fillets in a baking dish.
- 3Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Layer vegetables over fish, and add wine if using.
- 5Season veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cover baking dish tightly with foil.
- 7Bake 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, and veggies are tender.
- 8Another way to do this is to pan fry the fish in a little olive oil, sautee the vegetables until tender and spoon the sauce over the fish.
- 9I just think that the oven is easier.
- 10Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia a la Portuguesa
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 93.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 35.3 g