This is very easy to make and is simply delicious. The wine is an optional ingredient, but I think it really gives the fish great flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced julienne
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped (red or green, or a combination of both)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Place fillets in a baking dish.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer vegetables over fish, and add wine if using.
- Season veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, and veggies are tender.
- Another way to do this is to pan fry the fish in a little olive oil, sautee the vegetables until tender and spoon the sauce over the fish.
- I just think that the oven is easier.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.