Top Review by Jon Edwards
Very good recipe, and very tasty. The tilapia itself is a softer fish, so if it's baked just long enough, the batter gives it a slight crust. I don't mind spicy foods at all, but thought it was going to be too spicy for my wife as written. However, I went ahead and made it to recipe anyway, and it turned out fine.
- 14 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- In a shallow bowl combine the melted butter and lemon juice.
- Dip fish into butter mixture,then press into the spice mixture.
- Place in a shallow casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes when pressed.