Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Combine oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- In a shallow bowl combine the melted butter and lemon juice.
- Dip fish into butter mixture,then press into the spice mixture.
- Place in a shallow casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes when pressed.
Very good recipe, and very tasty. The tilapia itself is a softer fish, so if it's baked just long enough, the batter gives it a slight crust. I don't mind spicy foods at all, but thought it was going to be too spicy for my wife as written. However, I went ahead and made it to recipe anyway, and it turned out fine.
Great recipe, my family loved it! I melted the butter in a pan, added the lemon then sprinkled with the spices, and baked it in the butter .. prep time was less than 5 minutes ..
This is very similar to the spices I use when blackening fish, without all the fuss, mess and smoke in the kitchen! We like spicy, and this was. I made the recipe as written, and it turned out very good. I think next time though,I will drizzle a little of the melted butter/lemon over the fillets before cooking, as the thinner parts of the fish came out just a tad dry. Very good none the less. It was quick an easy. I served it with a spicy rice and beans dish and sauteed zucchini, onions and tomatoes. Next time I'll make some cornbread too!Thanks!