Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
A light white fish, prepared quick and easy for a delicious meal!
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- lemon pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, saute together everything except the fish.
- Add the fish, and adjust the heat to medium-high. The fish will cook quickly.
- Brown each side cooking approximently 3-4 minutes per side. (adjust temperature if needed).
- Be careful not to over-cook the fish.
This was very good. I used a little less cajun seasoning because my boyfriend doesn't like spicy food. I also didnt have onion flakes so I minced some fresh onion
i hesitate to write reviews when i don't follow the recipe to a T but still this was good. I also used old bay instead of cajun seasoning as that's what i have on hand. this was great and simple because it uses what you already have around. i may even try this with fresh ingredients. i can imagine it would be even better.
Terrific taste. I usually apply the seasonings directly on the fish but this recipe's method of adding the seasonings to the melted butter with olive oil worked out great. After I removed the cooked fish, I had some extra 'sauce' in the pan so I grilled a piece of bread in the sauce. Yum!