Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Ladoo would literally mean a Sweet Ball (about the size of a golf ball) and are a must at any gathering to celebrate a happy occassion. Try !
- 4 cups sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups powdered jaggery
- 1 cup coconut, chopped finely into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until light brown in color.
- Prepare syrup by boiling water and jaggery on low heat.
- Add coconut pieces and simmer until syrup becomes thick and sticky.
- Turn the heat off.
- Add sesame seeds and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Shape into balls quickly.