Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Indian tikka paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 2⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Grind coriander and cumin seed to a fine powder.
- Add remaining spices, mint and salt, stir well.
- Mix in lemon juice, food color, wine vinegar, and 2 tbs water to make a thin paste.
- Heat oil in pan, stir fry paste for 10 minutes until all water is absorbed. when oil rises to the top, the paste is cooked.
- Allow to cool before storing in air tight jars.
Perfect! I needed to make this myself as I couldn't find it for purchase at any grocery store nearby. It was easy to make and now I can complete my recipe for slow-cooker tikka masala tomorrow. Yay!
This is great for adding a variety into your meals. Thank you