Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spice up your dinner with this zesty Tikka Marinade! Great with chicken, pork and prawns. Serve with basmati rice
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt (plain)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients. In a glass bowl or shallow dish add marinade to 4 servings of food (1 lb boneless or 2 lb bone-in or 30 minutes for fish or shrimp); cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Makes about 1/3 cup.
Fantastic marinade. We used it for stir-fried chicken. Our only change was to use a red chili in place of a jalapeno. The fresh coriander (cilantro) is a perfect garnish.