Prep 23 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an Ancient Mayan recipe Erika managed to get from her mother and she shared it wit me and my rez it was great and I hope you too can enjoy this Ancient Mayan recipe
- 6 pieces fish fillets (grouper or any white fish)
- 18 ounces achiote paste (recipe immediately following)
- 2 whole white onions, sliced
- 2 whole green peppers, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 sprigs epazote
- 6 banana leaves
- Serving suggestions:
- Add a serving of mixed, fresh vegetables on the side of each plate.
- Marinate the fillet with achiote for about 5 minutes. Put the fillet over the banana leaf, add epazote, onion, green pepper and tomato. Wrap and put it on the grill. Cook each side for 4 minutes. Serve with vegetable on the side.