Recipe by Chef Otaktay
This is an Ancient Mayan recipe Erika managed to get from her mother and she shared it wit me and my rez it was great and I hope you too can enjoy this Ancient Mayan recipe
- 6 pieces fish fillets (grouper or any white fish)
- 18 ounces achiote paste (recipe immediately following)
- 2 whole white onions, sliced
- 2 whole green peppers, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 sprigs epazote
- 6 banana leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Serving suggestions:
- Add a serving of mixed, fresh vegetables on the side of each plate.
- Marinate the fillet with achiote for about 5 minutes. Put the fillet over the banana leaf, add epazote, onion, green pepper and tomato. Wrap and put it on the grill. Cook each side for 4 minutes. Serve with vegetable on the side.