1/5 Photos of Tijuana Trash
1 hr 15 mins
The most fiendishly addictive snack mix I've ever had! You can pump up the red pepper if you like; I like it just like this, however. And, you can "mix up" the nuts a bit, but I like those salty Spanish peanuts and some almonds, perhaps even Smokehouse almonds. Make a big batch for your next party; you can't stop eating it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml tortilla chips, broken into 1 inch pieces (I like to use small Tostitos and break them in half)
- 354.88 ml Crispix cereal or 354.88 ml Corn Chex
- 946.36-1182.95 ml popped popcorn
- 170.09 g nuts, of choice (I like Spanish peanuts and almonds)
- 59.16 ml light corn syrup
- 59.16 ml butter
- 59.16 ml brown sugar
- 11.09 ml chili powder
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2Combine tortilla chips, cereal, popcorn and nuts in a large roasting pan.
- 3(Lining the pan with foil first helps the clean-up later--).
- 4Combine corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan and heat to boiling.
- 5Pour over the cereal-popcorn mixture in the pan; stir to coat thoroughly.
- 6Bake uncovered 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and turn onto a sheet of waxed paper to cool.
- 8will keep in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tijuana Trash
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 252.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g