Recipe by vosswood
This is a family favorite recipe. We enjoy foods with a Mexican taste and this is easy to prepare and is good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 -8 medium size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onion in pan, Drain.
- Add other ingredients, except cheese.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup mixture in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place a layer of tortillas on top.
- Add more mixture, then cheese.
- Repeat the same until finished.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.
- Optional: Before serving add last layer of tortillas spread 1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream over mixture.