Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Serve with tortilla chips, cold beer and margaritas.
Top Review by wannaB
Geeze, this was good! I made it for my daughter's welcome home party and was asked numerous times for the recipe. Just as suggested we had cold beer and margaritas, and it was a perfect pairing. I couldn't find the soup mix at the Mart, so I bought Mrs. Dash garlic herb mixture. I followed the recipe exactly except for this. We dipped with Frito dippers and tortilla chips. Perfect summer dip recipe!!
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup seeded and chopped fresh tomato
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 anaheim chili, seeded and minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (2 ounce) envelopelipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheese, tomatoes, green onions, chile, cilantro, olives, and avocado; toss to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lime juice, soup mix, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the cheese mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.