1/3 Photos of Tijuana Maniac Beef Enchiladas
Caroline Cooks's Note:
A change from chicken enchiladas. Be a maniac! Adjust the "maniac" ingredients to whatever you like(that's why it's called maniac); add the full cup of sour cream for creamier filling. Adults and kids love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green and red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/2-1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn (or from the cob)
- flour tortilla
- 1 cup salsa (your choice of heat)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or your favorite)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook corn until tender and drain; set aside.
- 3In large heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over MED-HI heat.
- 4Add meat and brown; add onions and peppers and cook until softened, but not browned.Drain, if needed.
- 5Reduce heat to MED and add taco seasoning; mix well.
- 6Stir in refried beans, rice, and sour cream; cook for about 10 minutes to heat through.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8To assemble: Spoon about ½ cup meat mixture into bottom of well-greased casserole; spread.
- 9Spoon about 1 tablespoons of meat mixture into tortilla on one side; add spoonful of corn; and roll up.
- 10Place seam side down in casserole.
- 11Repeat with all tortillas; reserving about 1/2 cup meat sauce.
- 12If some corn is left-over, spread down one side of casserole, slightly covering about 1/2inch of one end of tortillas, spread remaining meat sauce down in a row beside the corn; next, add the salsa row; and then, the shredded cheese row.
- 13Cover with foil and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- 14Remove foil; return to oven for 10 minutes to slight brown cheese.
- 15Serve on chopped onions, tomatoes and lettuce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tijuana Maniac Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.9
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 991.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 50.7 g