A change from chicken enchiladas. Be a maniac! Adjust the "maniac" ingredients to whatever you like(that's why it's called maniac); add the full cup of sour cream for creamier filling. Adults and kids love this!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green and red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn (or from the cob)
- flour tortilla
- 1 cup salsa (your choice of heat)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or your favorite)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook corn until tender and drain; set aside.
- In large heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over MED-HI heat.
- Add meat and brown; add onions and peppers and cook until softened, but not browned.Drain, if needed.
- Reduce heat to MED and add taco seasoning; mix well.
- Stir in refried beans, rice, and sour cream; cook for about 10 minutes to heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- To assemble: Spoon about ½ cup meat mixture into bottom of well-greased casserole; spread.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoons of meat mixture into tortilla on one side; add spoonful of corn; and roll up.
- Place seam side down in casserole.
- Repeat with all tortillas; reserving about 1/2 cup meat sauce.
- If some corn is left-over, spread down one side of casserole, slightly covering about 1/2inch of one end of tortillas, spread remaining meat sauce down in a row beside the corn; next, add the salsa row; and then, the shredded cheese row.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove foil; return to oven for 10 minutes to slight brown cheese.
- Serve on chopped onions, tomatoes and lettuce.