Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri of Guy's Big Bite.
Make and share this Tijuana Kitchen Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 ounces white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled queso fresco (Mexican cheese)
- In a medium sauce pan add oil, jalapeno, onions and tomatoes. Saute until onions are translucent, then add rice and stir to combine. Saute rice for 3 minutes, deglaze with white wine, then add oregano, cumin, paprika, and black pepper.
- Add chicken stock, water and tomato sauce, boil for 1 minute. Then cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Do not lift lid.
- Season with salt, then top with green onions and queso fresco. Serve immediately.
I thought I would try a different mexican rice recipe and I sure am glad I picked this one.
It was great, I did not have a jalapeno so I opened a can of green chilies and thru in some fresh oregano and cilantro from my herb garden...it was great...
So tasty! I used cilantro instead of green onions.