Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fabulous quiche by Jamie Oliver for cheese lovers like I am. The recipe is from foodnetwork.com.
For the pastry
- 500 g plain flour
- 100 g lard
- 150 g butter
- 2 large eggs
For the filling
- 5 large eggs
- 560 double cream
- salt, to taste
- ground nutmeg
- 200 g cheddar cheese or 200 g gruyere cheese, finely grated
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 50 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 10 slices pancetta (thin slices)
- thyme, tips mixed into
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190° Celsius.
- Rub together the flour and the fat.
- Add the eggs and bring together carefully.
- Chill in the refrigator for 1 hour.
- Once your pastry has chilled roll it out to fit an 11-inch/28-centimeter tin with a removable bottom and bake it blind for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperatur to 180° Celsius.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together then pour the filling into the pastry case.
- Sprinkle over the goat's cheese, lay over the pancetta slices and then finish off with a drizzle of thyme oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
This quiche, while very delicious, did not set well at all. It could be, since the recipe does not state how much cream to use, that I used too much (I used 2 cups) or it needs some flour added. I might play around and try to firm it up, because it does have a very good flavor.