Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A creative,kid-fun way to make brownies.
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Melt chocolate and butter on high for 1-2 minutes Set aside to cool.
- In separate bowl beat peanut butter and oil.
- Add sugars and continue to beat til mixture is flour.
- Add each egg.
- And vanilla extract, flour, and salt.
- Stir 1/3 cup into the choclate mixture.
- Scrape the remaining into a 8-inch square baking pan.
- Spoon chocolate mixture over batter.
- Use table knife to zig zag to give marble effect.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
Was making this for a small book-club like get-together. Easy to follow recipe and I don't have any left-overs so I guess they turned out well! It's too bad there's not a picture with the recipe. I would have taken one, but they got eaten too fast! It's more of a blondie than a brownie, though. There's really only chocolate in the 'stripes'. The base is all peanut butter.