Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are incredable!! You will never have enough and everyone will want the recipe!! Make lots for a full meal or serve as a first course. from Mexican, healthy ways with a favourite cusine.
- Rinse the prawns in a colander, remove their heads and leave them to drain.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and fry over a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes (Cook the prawns in a large frying pan or cast iron flamproof dish that can be taken directly to the table, so that they retain their heat until they are served).
- Add the lime rind and juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute more.
- Add the prawns and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes until they turn pink.
- Remove them from the heat, sprinkle with coriander and serve with the warm tortillas.
- Give each guest a finger bowl filled with water and a slice of lemon, for cleaning their fingers after shelling the prawns, and provide lots of paper napkins!
This is one great way to do Prawns! I got the extra large Prawns and they came out perfect.. As the recipe says only cook them until they turn pink. Next time I will mince the garlic instead of pressing it. I like the little brown garlic nuggets. The recipe is perfect I didn't change anything. Thanks Dorothy once again for another memorable meal Added comments 5 Oct 03 These prawns are so simple and wonderful . I just chopped the garlic and put it in the pan for a minute added the lime juice & rind for another minute. This time I peeled the prawns as they were main course for dinner. I did not serve the tortillas - Served with Greek Potatoes, garden fresh steamed carrots, Whole snow peas - steamed Great meal . Either way they are great Thanks again Dorothy!
Oh Dorothy your "groupie" is back big time!! This was simply outstanding!!! The lime put this over the top. I added some diced onion and I used some good bread to sop up the sauce rather than use a tortilla. Good God this was good. So glad you posted this and it is now a major recipe in my collection. Good on ya Dorothy!!
These were so good. I skipped the coriander because I didn't have any. I think I will press the garlic next time for more garlic flavor but other than that amazing. I peeled mine and then let them chill overnight to enjoy the next day. Perfect!