Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
MEOW...Orphans!! Here is a recipe my veterinary gave me for baby kittens. And it works wonders, our four little fur balls are growing well! Fido you best watch out for your nose with these four little fur balls around! I wonder if this recipe was originally for tiger cubs at a zoo since it is called Tiger Milk.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and mix well.
- Put milk into Nurse-Maid pet nursing bottle (found at Wal-Mart) and heat to lukewarm.
- Test on the inside of your wrist.
- Be sure to stir the milk in the container each time before you refill the bottle.
- Put remaining milk into 8 ounce containers and freeze until needed.
- Two-week-old kitten will drink about 1/2 ounce every 4 hours.
- Four-week-old kitten will drink about 1 to 1 1/2 ounces every five hours.
- You can find a less expensive brand of Pedialyte at Wal-Mart.
I'm not rating this but when I was a kid my mom used to buy this powdered stuff called Tiger's Milk and my sister and I loved it. I don't know if you can find it anymore. I did see Tiger's Milk health bars in GNC once but that is about it. Just thought this might be interesting to you.
Just want you to know I took the 4 kittens into the vet after 3 weeks of drinking this formula for a five-week-old check-up. He said they were all in great shape and even that their weight was correct for their age. That made me fell like a very proud mama cat! So I’m going to strut my stuff and I give my own recipe a BIG FIVE STAR SULATE!!!