Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is posted here for play in ZWT9 - Greece. This recipe is from website : greekfood.about.com These delicious small pancakes are generally served as dessert, but can certainly be adapted to breakfast or brunch. Made without milk or eggs, they are slightly crunchy. The key to getting an authentic taste is to use black currants. Make sure to keep the pancakes nice and small. If they're too large, they will burn on the outside before the inside is done.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml black currants
- 14.79 ml black currants
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml water
- 3.69 ml vanilla extract
- oil (for frying)
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar (for sprinkling)
- Sift or whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the currants, sugar, water, and vanilla. Mix until well blended, cover, and set aside for 1 hour.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonful into hot oil (preheated over medium heat) and fry until nicely browned on both sides. Drain well on absorbent paper towels.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and then (garnish with your favorite fruit - optional) and serve.
mr picky liked these alot they are more like a doughnut ,sweet,i used carbonated water ,they really fluff up.and soak up the oil .zwt9 update hes asked them 3 more times he REALLY likes them and they super easy to make.