Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am new to making up my own recipes, and my husband and I are cutting down on the carbs so we find adding lots of flavor to things will make our dishes more enjoyable. Here is a tilapia recipe I created when we wanted to stay away from the very temping breading!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 10 garlic cloves (fresh is best!)
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Chop onion and garlic to small pieces.
- Heat Olive Oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add Onion and Garlic to pan and stify-fry until garlic is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle Salt, Pepper and Cayenne Pepper on tilapia fillets.
- Clear out a spot on pan by moving garlis and onions and put tilapia seasoned side down into pan.
- Season the other side of the tilapia fillets.
- Chop Roasted Red Bell Peppers and fresh basil.
- After 4 minutes flip tilapia and add red bell peppers and basil.
- Cook fish another 4 minutes, mixing the garlic and onions with the bell pepper and basil.