Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by cousin in Florida. She got it from a friend of hers that she met while they were stationed in North Carolina. According to my cousin, this is a family recipe. I have not made it but plan to. This is part of a recipe chain letter that I participated in with my family and I am getting recipes from them and posting them here so that I do not lose them.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peaches, drained or 8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place peaches in baking pan. (I'm guessing 13 x 9, my cousin did not say).
- In a seperate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. (My cousin adds 1 tbsp of cornstarch just to make it thicker).
- Pour over peaches, do not stir.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.