1/1 Photo of Tiffin
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
From my "Cookies and Bars" cookbook. Not sure where this dessert originated; however, the ingredient list (and the picture) sound delicious. Sounds very rich and decadent -- perfect for the holidays. Prep time does not include refrigeration time. Note: Tiffin is an English dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 squares bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 squares milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 6 ounces graham crackers, coarsely broken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (lightly toasted)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1Grease a 7-inch shallow square cake pan and line the base with parchment paper. Place the raisins and brandy in a bowl and let soak for about 30 minutes. Put the chocolate, butter and syrup in a pan and heat gently until melted.
- 2Stir in graham crackers, almonds, cherries, raisins and brandy. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and let cool. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 3To make the topping: place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan and set over a pan of gently simmering water until melted. Stir and pour over the cookie base. Let chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Cut into bars or squares to serve. For a decorative effect, use a fork to mark light wavy lines over the chocolate topping before leaving it to set in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts for Tiffin
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2916.9
- Calories from Fat 1488
- Total Fat 165.4 g
- Saturated Fat 80.9 g
- Cholesterol 223.6 mg
- Sodium 1167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 314.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 184.3 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: