1/2 Photos of Tiessennau Mel (honey Cakes) Welsh
V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
This is an adopted recipe and after trying it out, I must say I was very surprised on how good it tastes! Kinda homey. I don't dredge it with sugar before or after baking as I don't really need the extra bit of sugar. I used Wildflower honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven - Gas mark 6 (400F) or 7 (425F) or 200°C If you are using a fan oven, reduce by 25°C.
- 2Grease your patty tins.
- 3Sieve together flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
- 4Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 5Separate the egg yolk from the white.
- 6Beat the yolk into sugar and butter, then add the honey, gradually.
- 7Stir in the flour with a little milk as required and mix all together lightly.
- 8Whisk the egg white into a stiff froth and fold into mixture.
- 9Half fill small patty tins with the mixture; dredge the top of each with caster sugar.
- 10Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Watch these little fellows carefully. They brown rather quickly.
- 11When ready sprinkle a little more sugar.
- 12Croeso Cymreig.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiessennau Mel (honey Cakes) Welsh
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 52.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g