Recipe by Chef Boy-R "Diabetic" Danny
These take a little patience wrapping them but it's worth it, The Breading Mixture is about 2 to 1 and you will need more then is listed, same with the Flour, Anyone who has fried food before knows that you don't use every drop of egg or every crumb of breading when you cook so these measures are for the nutritional values only. You can get Butcher's String at your local Meat Market or Grocery Store, Just Ask the Butcher Enjoy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄16 cup panko breadcrumbs, breading
- 1⁄8 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Chicken Breasts in-between Clear Plastic Wrap and using a Rolling Pin, Side of a Hammer or a Meat Mallot Pound Chicken Breasts untill they are almost Double in Size,.
- Sprinkle the flour on your clean cutting board and place the Chicken pieces on it.
- Salt and Pepper the Chicken.
- Place 2 pieces of slice ham on the Chicken, top that with 2 slices of swiss cheese and top that off with a slice of provolone right in the center.
- Roll up Chicken making sure you tuck in the ends about half way through.
- Use 3 or 4 pieces of butcher string (Cut about 8" long) tie the rolled up Chicken tight making sure the ends are folded in, You don't want to loose all that goodness inside.
- Cut off excess string.
- Turn Oven on to 350.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet on Med High.
- Mix Panko and Potato Flakes together.
- Roll the Chicken in Flour so there is just a little dusting, Brush off excess, Dip the Chicken in the Egg and then into the Panko Mixture.
- Fry in the Olive Oil until Golden Brown on all sides, Turning frequently.
- Place the Chicken in the Oven for 50 to 60 Minutes.
- Whisk together the Heavy Cream, Mayo and the Dijon in a Suace pan and heat slowly on Med Low untill sauce is reduced a little and thicker.
- Pull Chicken from the oven and let set for 5 Minutes or so.
- Cut off strings, Cut Chicken in Half and Drizzle Sauce over the top.