Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tie-dyed baby beet salad with arugula flowers, sprouting pea shoots, and radicchio/kale slaw. See more of Chef Ariane's "In the Swing of Spring" menu here: www.kitchensurfing.com/menus/in-the-swing-of-spring-5330882da8779fb51700000b.
- Trim beets and slice into 1/2 inch thick circles, taking care to wipe down cutting board after each color.
- Steam each color beet separately until tender, about 20 minutes, either in a steamer or in one inch or so of water in a covered pot.
- Remove beets and let cool.
- Using an apple corer or other small device, remove a center piece from each beet. You can use any shape you choose.
- Place the center piece of one color beet into the hole left in another color, until you have used all beet slices.
- Refrigerate at least one hour and up to one day for colors to spread out and give a tie-dyed effect.