This version of the famous Indian Chaat (pronounce with the emphasis on the "aa", as in "aarmy") doesn't really do justice to it, but it sure is yummy anyway! (Chaat is a type of salad famous in the roadside food stalls in North India, particularly in Delhi, the capital of India) Mom concocted this recipe to stop me from eating junk in the evenings, and boy, it worked! This tastes very different if you use chaat masala (a spice blend), than if you don't, so if you like Indian food, do yourself a favour and buy some chaat masala! :) Note: Cook time does not include time for boiling the potatoes... use leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup peeled and sliced/chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup boiled diced potato (You can use leftover boiled potatoes)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 -4 tablespoons chilled plain yogurt (You can use low/non-fat varieties)
- 1/8 teaspoon chat masala (use it for authenticity; available in Indian stores) (optional)
- 1Toss everything well in a serving bowl.
- 2Grab a fork or large spoon and eat immediately, or refrigerate until hunger strikes, and then eat!
- 3Feel extremely pleased with yourself that you snacked on this instead of that bag of chips you were eyeing.
- 4Proceed to eat several helpings of dessert after dinner as reward.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Tide me over!" Indian Chaat (Simple Veggie Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g