Recipe by herbsgirl
I love Tide Laundry detergent, so this recipe is born, in my research and quest for a cheaper alternative. If you use 1 Tablespoon per load, it will be around 2.1 cents per load. If you use 2 Tablespoons about 4.2 cents per load. 4 Tablespoons is around 8.2 cents per load....... You may use any powdered detergent in place of the SUN with bleach powder, and Kirk's Castile soap grated, OR Ivory soap grated, even Fels Naptha soap grated if you want to...... Play around with the dose until you find the minimum amount that gets your clothes clean. This recipe is designed to brighten and whiten your colors and whites like Tide with color safe bleach does. Tide averages around 19 to 22 cents per load. You can use any powder Laundry detergent in place of the SUN with bleach. The SUN Laundry detergent is at Dollar Tree, The SUN oxygen cleaner at Walmart or Dollar General, The Washing soda at Grocery Store chains, The Borax at grocery stores or Walmart. This is considered safe for HE washers and Front loaders, using the 1-2 Tablespoon per load
Top Review by JoeB
We've been using this for almost a year now. I usually just get a box of each and dump them into a 5gal bucket. Save's a lot of money, doesn't irritate my daughter's skin (like everything else seems to do) and lasts about two months.
- 236.59 ml sun with bleach alternative powder laundry detergent
- 236.59 ml sun oxygen cleaner
- 236.59 ml borax
- 236.59 ml super washing soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and put in a plastic container with a lid. An old ice cream bucket works well. Its easy to put equal amounts of ingredients in a plastic bag, seal and shake together.
- Use 1-2 Tablespoons per load. You can play around with the amount and try to use less or more, whatever gets your close cleanest. It is still way cheaper than Tide!
- I use 1 Tablespoon for large loads and wash my clothes for the 18 minute cycle sometimes. This seems to brighten, whiten, and clean clothes pretty well!