Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on the classic Long Island Iced Tea cocktail, but with a tropical twist from the guava nectar! Pretty and pink, and not overly sweet. A splash of club soda adds a nice tickle, and keeps the drink from being dangerously potent. You can double the liquor and decrease the juices and soda amounts, to your individual preference. Serve in a tall glass garnished with fresh lime wedges, and add a pink straw for sipping. Very refreshing! P.S. This is also great made with Malibu rum! Adapted from an internet cocktail recipe site.
- 1⁄2 ounce Captain Morgan's spiced rum
- 1⁄2 ounce gin
- 1⁄2 ounce vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce tequila
- 1⁄2 ounce Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces guava nectar (such as Kearns)
- 3 ounces club soda (or to taste)
- ice, to serve
- lime wedge, to garnish
- Pour all the ingredients into a large, tall 10-14 oz ice-filled Collins style glass.
- Top with the club soda and gently stir.
- Garnish with as many fresh lime wedges as you like, and a pink straw for sipping.
- Long Island Iced Tea: Replace the spiced rum with white rum and the guava juice with orange juice and the club soda with cola.
- Miami Iced Tea: Replace the spiced rum with white rum and the guava juice with orange juice and the club soda with cola and the Cointreau with blue curaçao.
- New England Iced Tea: Replace the spiced rum with white rum and the guava juice with orange juice and the club soda with cranberry juice.
I used Malibu passionfruit rum.. My husband loves Long island iced tea and I have never cared for it. But I like this tropical version