2 hrs 30 mins
This was posted on a Yogi Tea box a few years ago. Similar to American twice baked potatoes but with a lot of different spices. I am thinking Chai, Tibetan buttered tea, black tea or a yogurt lassi would be good beverages to go with this. Also the best blackberries in the world are Himalyan blackberries - dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes, like idaho bakers
- 1/4-1/2 cup oil (aka ghee) or 1/4-1/2 cup clarified butter (aka ghee)
- 2 -3 chopped onions
- 1/4-1/2 cup gingerroot, finely minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -4 tablespoons tamari (to taste) or 2 -4 tablespoons salt (to taste)
- 1/2 pint cottage cheese (optional)
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 red bell peppers, diced diced (optional) or 1 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, drained (optional)
- 1Scrub potatoes, rub with small amount of oil, and bake at 400º until well.
- 2done. Heat clarified butter or oil in large skillet. Saute onions and.
- 3ginger until they begin to brown and then add garlic and spices and cook.
- 4for 4-5 minutes longer. Add a little water if necessary. Add tamari or salt.
- 5(opt.), stir and remove from heat. Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise,.
- 6scoop out insides, and combine with onion mixture. Add cottage.
- 7cheese(opt.). Mix well and refill potato shells covering each with grated.
- 8cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with bell pepper.
- 9and pineapple(opt.). Serve with yogurt.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tibetan Potent Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.7
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 512.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: