Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a vegetarian version of Tema Tang Sha, as it is prepared at the Lhasa Moon Tibetan Restaurant, located in San Francisco. This is a flexible recipe. For the original meaty version, just add strips of beef stir-fried.
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 large potatoes
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- Cut the green beans diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut the potatoes like french fries, about the same size as the beans.
- Slice the red bell pepper very thinly.
- In a wok or skillet, saute the onion in oil over high heat until softened, add the garlic, paprika and ginger and saute a few minutes more.
- Add the potatoes, jalapeno and tomato, and stir-fry until the tomato cooks dry.
- Add the green beans and stir-fry until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, red-pepper and salt stirring in quickly.
Excellent!! I cut the potatoes too big - they need to be the size of mcdonald's fries, not my local ones... but easy & very good... we liked the plates clean,