Recipe by lynnski / LA
This dish consists of a crispy cake of fried noodles topped with a savory stir-fry.Vegetables other than those listed can be added, or substituted, snow peas, mushrooms, cauliflower or brocolli are good in this dish. This is the vegetarian version of the dish, in Tibet, it's likely that meat such as thinly sliced beef would be added..
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- oil (for frying)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 4 baby bok choy, chopped thinly (or 1/4 head of cabbage, sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the noodles until cooked.
- Drain and toss them with just enough oil to keep them from sticking.
- Spread them to cool on a tray or cookie sheet.
- Heat a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan, and add one fourth of the noodles evenly in the frying pan.
- They should be flat, not heaped.
- Fry until crisp and brown underneath, then flip them and fry the other side.
- Repeat to make 4 crispy noodle cakes and place on individual plates.
- Fry the onion, garlic, and ginger until brown.
- Add the remaining stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry 2 minutes more, or until barely cooked but still crisp.
- Spread the stir-fried mixture on top of the noodle cakes in 4 equal portions.