I saw a similar recipe years ago and tweaked it so much that it has become a household staple when I'm in a hurry. You can tone down the heat a bit by using diced tomatoes with green chilis instead of with jalapeno. Also please note that you can heat this on medium heat and then simmer 25-30 minutes if your in a hurry. I tend to let it simmer for a few hours or place in my crockpot. Enjoy!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- spicy black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Pickapeppa Sauce (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot curry paste, this is (I use pataks brand) (optional)
- Get ready for easy! Put everything in a sauce pan or crockpot. Mix together. Cook on medium heat, then turn to simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, then low/warm for several hours. Add water as needed. I serve over rice or egg noodles. We have also eaten this "as is" with a hearty french bread for dipping! Is even better the next day!